Smoked Chicken (or Turkey) Salad
about 1 quart
When you smoke a chicken or buy it at the nearest barbecue joint, you can make some of the best chicken salad on the planet, with nothing but celery for crunch and good mayonnaise to bind it. This is also an excellent use for smoked turkey after the holidays. The salad should be very finely chopped, which is easy in the food processor.
- 2 ribs celery and leaves, cut in 1-inch pieces
- Meat of 1 smoked chicken, about 1 pound, or smoked turkey, shredded or roughly chopped
- ½ cup Blue Plate® Mayonnaise or Blue Plate® Light Mayonnaise with Olive Oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- PULSE the celery in the bowl of a food processor several times to finely chop. Empty into a large bowl. Working in batches, pulse chicken until finely chopped. Add to bowl with celery.
- ADD mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Stir until all ingredients are well blended. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- COVER and refrigerate until serving. Keeps well for up to five days.