Race-Day Brisket Chili
- 4 T. olive oil
- 4 lbs. trimmed beef brisket, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 large onions, minced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-½ c. red wine
- 1-½ c. favorite store-bought smoky barbecue sauce
- 1 oz. square unsweetened chocolate
- 1 package Carroll Shelby's® Chili Kit
- ½ c. sun-dried tomatoes, slivered
- HEAT 2 Tablespoons of oil in a large pot, and brown brisket in batches over medium-high heat, adding more oil as needed. When cooked, transfer to a platter.
- ADD onions and garlic to pot; sauté 10 minutes. Stir in wine and barbecue sauce, then add chocolate and stir until melted. Season with large Spices packet from Carroll Shelby’s Chili Kit, add Cayenne Pepper packet, and salt to taste. Add sun-dried tomatoes and browned brisket.
- COVER and simmer chili over low heat, stirring occasionally. Continue simmering for another 1 to 1½ hours, or until meat is very tender. Serve hot.