Quick Chocolate Cake
2 8-inch layers
- 2 1/4 cups - sifted Presto
- 1 1/4 cups - sugar
- 1/2 cup - cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon - baking soda
- 2/3 cup - unsalted butter
- 1 cup - milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon - vanilla extract
- 2 - eggs
- Sift Presto, sugar, cocoa and baking soda together.
- Stir butter to soften.
- Sift dry ingredients over butter. Add milk and vanilla. Stir until dry ingredients are completely moistened, then beat 1 minute on medium speed of electric mixer. Add eggs, beat 1 1/2 minutes more.
- Baking: Pour batter in 2 greased and floured 8-imch layer cake pans. Baking in 350° oven for about 30 minutes until cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool cakes in pans for 10 minutes, remove from pans and finish cooling on racks.