Oven Chicken Salad
This retro favorite can be updated with the use of rotisserie chicken. The crunchy topping of potato chips and cheese is just ridiculously good.
- 2 cups cubed, cooked chicken breasts
- 1 cup finely chopped celery (2 or 3 ribs)
- 1 cup toasted bread cubes (about 2 slices bread)
- 1 cup Blue Plate® Mayonnaise
- ½ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely minced onion
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed potato chips (plain or ruffled)
- PREHEAT oven to 450 degrees. Coat 6 heatproof ramekins or a 1 ½ quart baking dish with nonstick spray.
- COMBINE chicken, celery, bread, mayonnaise, almonds, lemon juice, onion, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Combine cheese and potato chips in a small bowl.
- SPOON equal amounts of the chicken mixture into the ramekins (or pour into baking dish). Sprinkle with cheese-potato chip topping.
- BAKE until just bubbly, 10 to 15 minutes. Serve immediately. This dish is best the day it is prepared.