Mint Iced Tea
There’s nothing more refreshing than a tall glass of iced tea infused with the flavor of fresh mint. This one’s top of the list for a summer fish fry or backyard barbecue.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups fresh mint leaves
- 9 cups cold water, divided
- 2 Luzianne® Family Size Iced Tea bags*
- Mint leaves for garnish, optional
- Prepare mint syrup: Combine the sugar, mint leaves, and 1 cup water in a small saucepot over high heat. Stir. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook until sugar is dissolved, about 90 seconds. Allow to steep for 20 minutes. Using a fine mesh strainer, strain the solids from the liquid, pressing on the solids with the back of a spoon to extract as much liquid as possible. Discard solids. Place syrup in refrigerator to cool.
- While the syrup is cooling make a strong tea. In a pitcher steep 2 tea bags in 2 cups boiling water for 10 minutes.* Remove and discard tea bags. Add the 6 remaining cups water.
- Sweeten to taste with ½ to 1 cup of the chilled mint syrup.
*Alternatively, steep 2 bags of Luzianne® Cold Brew Iced Tea in 2 cups cold water for 10 minutes.