Lemony Almond Chicken
- 1/3 cup - lemon juice
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon - vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon - prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon - garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon - TryMe Tenneessee Sunshine Sauce
- 6 (about 5 ounces each) - boned & skinned chicken breast halves
- 2 cups - chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons - cornstarch, mixed with 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 tablespoon - cold butter or margarine cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup - sliced unbalanced almonds, lightly toasted
- Garnish: 6 thin slices
- 1 tablespoon - minced fresh parsley leaves
- With fork or small whisk, beat lemon juice, ¼ cup oil, mustard, garlic and Tennessee Sunshine Sauce.
- Arrange chicken in shallow glass or china dish, just large enough to hold all pieces in one layer.
- Pour on lemon mixture, turn chicken once to coat evenly.
- Marinate at room temperature one hour or refrigerate 2-3 hours.
- Drain chicken, strain and reserve marinade.
- In large heavy skillet over high heat, cook chicken in remaining 1 Tbsp. oil for three minutes on each side or until golden brown and tender.
- Remove chicken to platter. Add broth, reserved marinade and cornstarch mixture to skillet.
- Stirring constantly, cook over high heat about five minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
- Stir in butter. Return chicken to skillet and simmer until heated through---about two minutes.
- Stir in almonds.
- Remove from heat.
- Arrange chicken on hot platter or six plates.
- Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with lemon slices and parsley.
- Serves 6. Delicious with fresh asparagus and rice.