Halloween Black Bean and Pumpkin Chili
- 6 T. vegetable oil
- 3 lbs. lean, boneless pork, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 large onion, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 can beef broth
- 2/3 c. heavy cream
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- 1 package Carroll Shelby's® Chili Kit
- 1 can pureed pumpkin
- 1 can black beans
- shredded cheddar cheese and sliced scallions, for garnish
- HEAT 2 tablespoons of oil in a large pot and brown pork in batches over medium-high heat, adding more oil as needed. Once pork is browned on all sides, transfer to a platter.
- ADD onion, garlic, and peppers to the pot; sauté about 10 minutes. Stir in broth, cream, and tomatoes. Add large Spice packet and Cayenne Pepper packet; salt to taste. Add pumpkin puree, stirring until smooth. Add black beans and browned pork. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally for one hour.
- LADLE hot chili into bowls, and top with shredded cheddar cheese and scallions.