Cotton Candy Cupcakes
- 1 cup – unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups – granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoon – vanilla extract or cotton candy extract
- 4 – eggs
- 3 cups + 6 tablespoons – sifted Swans Down Cake Flour
- 1 tablespoon – baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon – salt
- 1 cup – milk
- red & blue food coloring (for pink and light blue)
- cupcake liners
PREHEAT oven to 350°. Place cupcake liners into pan.
SIFT Swans Down Cake Flour then lightly spoon into measuring cup for 3 cups + 6 tablespoons.
CREAM butter until light and fluffy. Add sugar and continue to cream. Gradually add vanilla and eggs and mix well.
SIFT together the dry ingredients; then mix into butter mixture alternating with milk.
DIVIDE batter into 2 bowls. Add each food coloring to both bowls. Alternate colors and pour batter ¾ full in muffin cups.
BAKE for 20-25 minutes until light golden brown. Cool cupcakes then frost with Cotton Candy Butter Cream Frosting.